Clery Notice: Confirmed Positive Case of Coronavirus on DRI’s Reno Campus
Late yesterday, Wednesday, May 25, 2022 we were notified of an individual on our Reno campus who received a positive test for the coronavirus (COVID-19) yesterday. This individual was last on DRI’s Reno campus on Tuesday, May 24, 2022 in the CRVB and Maxey Buildings. Individuals who were in close contact with this individual have already been notified.
The health and well-being of our employees is something that is taken very seriously and is of the highest priority. We are issuing the following notice of communicable disease as an abundance of caution.
Your health and the health of the community is of primary concern to DRI. We are issuing this notice of communicable disease as an abundance of caution. The following are suggestions everyone should consider:
- Face coverings are encouraged while working around others at our DRI campus.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. When you are sick, keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick too.
- Please stay home from work, school, and errands when you are sick. This will help prevent spreading your illness to others.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. It may prevent those around you from getting sick. Serious respiratory illnesses are spread by cough, sneezing, or unclean hands.
- Washing your hands often will help protect you from germs. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs are often spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touches his or her eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home, work or school, especially when someone is ill. Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat nutritious food.
Location of Incident: DRI Reno Campus – CRVB and Maxey Buildings
Description of Incident: The individual accessed areas of DRI’s Reno campus – CRVB and Maxey Buildings. DRI has notified anyone who may have had close contact with the individual on campus.
The Washoe County Health District encourages anyone with concerns to call the General Public Helpline at 775.328.2427. The number is live Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for COVID-19 questions.