NESEP Real-Time Environmental Monitoring and Alert System (REMAS)
Proven. Reliable. Secure.
REMAS is a robust, real-time environmental data management system that measures, records, and analyzes data with alerting and on-site or web-based display. REMAS has a proven record enabling NAWCWD China Lake operations project schedule and test cadence, while ensuring data security and compliance.
REMAS provides US Navy personnel and stakeholders tools to support 24/7/365 situational awareness and contributes to mission planning, decision support, routine operations, test evaluation, ordnance and test safety, forensics, and disaster recovery.
REMAS provides outstanding indoor and outdoor environmental and weather awareness for ordnance development and test programs:
- Thermal conditioning monitoring
- Real-time multi-scale measurement and analysis
- Site- and mission-specific weather forecasting
- Results synthesized and displayed for at-a-glance understanding
- Reduce cost; improve safety
- Enables high-confidence preemptive scheduling to avoid adverse weather
- Complete end-to-end solution
- At-a-glance ease of use
- Plan and obtain all necessary site permits
- Installation and routine maintenance of sensors and equipment
- Data management, security, backups and analysis
- Contractor owned and operated
- Proactive integration of novel methods
- Supports the warfighter
- Meets evolving needs and test requirements
- Develop new features and capabilities
- Customize human interface and workflow
SECURITY & COMPLIANCE
- Meets and exceeds cybersecurity requirements for CUI
- Responsive to evolving security requirements
- NAWCWD China Lake
- Certified for use since 2014
- Administers NAWCWD HERO & Frequency Management approved encrypted wireless network
TEST PROGRAM SUPPORT
- Thermal conditioning data for go/no-go decision
- Real-time dashboard
- Post-test reporting
WEATHER FORECASTING & ANALYSIS
- Localized and situation specific
- Proven enabler of aggressive range test cadence objectives
- Enables planning instead of reacting
- Reduces labor, materials, and scheduling costs
LIGHTNING & FIELD MILL
- Combines regional scale strike detection with local field mills to provide improved compliance.
- Addition of regional strike detection greatly extends situational awareness capabilities for deliberate hazard avoidance.
- REMAS provides automated notifications to designated personnel to alert when out-of-bounds conditions occur.
- Navy managers can configure notifications based on severity level to escalate from simple emails to logic-based synthetic voice calling trees with prompted response.
- High valued assets and data defended with redundant alert methods.
Visualization and Reporting:
- REMAS provides access to real-time data by onsite flat-panel monitors and remotely by a secure web-based portal.
- Standard or customized reports are downloadable for inclusion in test data packages or independent analysis.
- REMAS personnel have experience installing and maintaining monitoring systems in diverse locations: legacy and new construction test bays; ordnance magazines; engineering spaces; and stand-alone weather observation stations.
- REMAS equipment has a low footprint. Virtually any sensor can be accommodated, including intrinsically safe sensors.
- REMAS personnel are invested as Navy stakeholders and proud to serve.
- REMAS is actively maintained by DRI’s Naval Earth Sciences and Engineering Program (NESEP), a team dedicated to delivering applied science and engineering research services focused on USN USN partner mission objectives.