Nevada Water Resources Research Institute
There are two opportunities to receive funding through the National Institutes for Water Resources (NIWR): Nevada Water Resources Research Grants and National Competetive Grants.
Nevada Water Resources Research Grants [104(b)]
In 2005, Nevada was granted approximately $92,000 to be used for research projects in the state. Nevada Water Resources Research grants are summarized below:
- Proposals should be for research and information transfer projects that are for a duration of 12 to 24 months.
- A 2:1 (nonfederal:federal) match is required.
- Indirect costs may not be charged, but can be used as match.
- The principal objectives of the program are to:
- Conduct competent research related to important water resource problems of the state of Nevada;
- Promote the dissemination and application of the research results involving these problems; and
- Assist in training scientists in relevant water resource fields.
National Competitive Grants [104(g)]
National Competitive grants are summarized below: