Partnerships & Sponsors
Scientists, students, and staff at the Desert Research Institute work for and in collaboration with local, regional, national, and international agencies, organizations, foundations, universities and private-sector industry on a variety of research projects and environmental issues.
Below you will find the sponsors and collaborators listed out by organizational differnces: Federal, State, Local, Private and Non-profit, International, and University collaborators.
These are a few of the Federal organizations that have partnered with DRI most recently.
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration
- National Science Foundation
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- National Institute for Food and Agriculture
- Natural Resource Conservation Service
- U.S. Forest Service
- U.S. Department of Commerce
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- U.S. Department of Energy
- National Nuclear Security Administration
- Office of Science
- U.S. Department of Defense
- Army Corps of Engineers
- Strategic Environmental R&D Program
- U.S. Naval Air Warfare Center
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- National Institutes of Health
- U.S. Department of the Interior
- Bureau of Land Management
- Bureau of Reclamation
- National Park Service
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- U.S. Geological Survey
These are some of the States and the organizations that work with DRI.
State of California
- Air Resources Board
- Great Basin Unified Air Pollution Control District
State of Colorado
- Colorado Water Conservation Board
State of Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality
State of Oregon
- Oregon Department of Environmental Quality
State of Nevada
- Department of Conservation and Natural Resources
- Department of Education
- Nevada Division of Environmental Protection
- Nevada Division of Water Resources
- Division of State Lands
- Governor’s Office of Economic Development
- Nevada System of Higher Education
These are the local cities and jurisdictions that work with DRI.
- City of Sparks
- Douglas County School District
- Nevada Tahoe Conservation District
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency
- Tahoe Resource Conservation District
- Lincoln County
- Walker River Irrigation District
- Western Regional Water Commission
These are the private and non-profit organizations and individual that support DRI and our scientific research.
- American Ecotech LLC
- Barrick Goldstrike Mines, Inc.
- Battelle Memorial Institute
- Bay Area Environmental Research Institute (BAERI)
- Conservation Science Partners
- Coordinating Research Council
- DRI Foundation
- Evergreen Council on Problem Gambling
- Geisse Foundation
- Google, Inc.
- Grand Junction Water Enhancement Authority
- Health Effects Institute
- Idaho Power Company
- Indian Wells Valley Groundwater Authority
- Kautz Environmental Consultants, Inc.
- Montrose Environmental Group, Inc.
- Mount Rose Ski Tahoe
- Northgate Environmental Management Company
- Ojai Valley Land Conservancy
- Reno Rotary Foundation
- Renown Health/Renown Institute for Health Innovation, LLC
- Robins Borghei LLP
- Sandia National Laboratories
- Santa Fe Irrigation District
- South Tahoe Public Utility District
- Tahoe Truckee Community Foundation
- The Nature Conservancy
- University Corporation for Atmospheric Research
- Wallace Genetic Foundation
- Waste Management, Inc.
- Western Cultural Resource Management, Inc.
- Windward Fund
- Wood Buffalo Environmental Association
- World Vision, Inc.
These International agencies work with DRI in our global reach.
- Korea Institute of Science and Technology
- Royal Geographical Society (UK)
University collaboration is an important part of successful scientific education.
- Montana State University
- Northern Arizona University
- Northwestern University
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia at Medellin
- University of Arizona
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of California, Davis
- University of California, Merced
- University of California, Riverside
- University of California, San Diego
- University of Houston
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- University of Nevada, Reno
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Utah
For details on how to partner with DRI
Dr. Vic Etyemezian, Ph.D
Vice President for Research