Reporting to the Vice President of Finance and Business, the Grants and Contracts Office provides the following post-award financial administration services:
- Set up, monitor and maintain grant and contract accounts (including cost sharing and Applied Research Initiative funds) in the financial accounting system based on award information received from sponsors.
- Set up, monitor and maintain accounts for sales of goods and services to external vendors.
- Review grant or contract award documents. Document all special terms, conditions, or limitations applicable to the project.
- Administer grants per regulations set forth in OMB Circular A-110 and OMB Circular A-122.
- Assist individuals with interpretation of regulations and terms and conditions set forth by the sponsor.
- Consult with DBMs/PIs on specific questions about the propriety of a given expenditure, on budget monitoring techniques, and on other such matters.
- Provides monthly Advantage "Balance and Activity Reports", monthly "Grants at a Glance" reports and monthly exception reports.
- Monitors and follows up with exceptions reported.
- Report financial information to sponsors such as financial status reports, invoicing and cost share.
- Process invoices for goods and services provided to external vendors.
- Monitor, review and process subcontract payments.
- Maintain and monitor accounts receivable and collect revenue from sponsors
- Initiates draw downs of federal funds using appropriate electronic pay management systems.
- Close out accounts and submit final reports such as final invoice, cost share, property and invention reports, surplus equipment/supplies reports and final financial status report as required by sponsor guidelines.
- Assume responsibility for primary contact with financial auditors of individual grants or contracts.
- Assist auditors with the annual audit of federally sponsored programs and supply necessary information to auditors in accordance with OMB Circular A-133 (Audits of States, Local Governments, and Non-Profit Organizations)
- Prepare federal Facilities and Administrative (F&A) proposal and negotiate rates
- Maintain award and account information in accordance with University record retention policies.
3rd-Party In-Kind Cost Share