Extreme Weather and Climate Variability
As a well-established and trusted provider of climate data services, DRI significantly grows the application of these services and other modeling and forecasting expertise in relation to extreme climate and weather events.
- Providing climate and paleo climate monitoring, research, and data services.
- Understanding global climate and its consequences.
- Weather forecasting and climate simulation tools.
- Understanding hydrologic uncertainties and the impact of increased variability on drought, urban floods, and extreme wildland fire events in the U.S. and elsewhere in the world.
- Developing remote sensing on-line data products and associated research to assist the resource management decision-making process.
- Improving the world’s water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH).
Programs, Projects and Laboratories
Monitoring, Analytics, Modeling and Decision Support