Innovative solutions for final closure of municipal waste and mine waste sites.
DRI is a leader in the field of waste containment research and design and is a key institution in the USEPA’s Alternative Cover Assessment Program (ACAP). Visit the Web site for more information and publications from the ACAP research program.
Water balance covers (often called alternative or ET covers) offer the opportunity for excellent performance, reduced maintenance costs and better end land use. Construction costs are often much less than for conventional designs.
Landfill Cover Design Capabilities at DRI
If you are a:
- regulator looking for review and comment on a proposed design,
- consulting engineer in need of collaboration,
- site owner with an interest in alternatives to conventional final cover design
Our capabilities include:
- Full or partial cover design
- Soil tests - lab and field
- Soil data analysis and interpretation
- Monitoring system design, implementation, data collection and analysis
- Regulator interaction
- Project management