DRI Quick Facts
- 560 employees
- 300 research projects around the world
- 176 Ph.D. research faculty specializing in more than 40 scientific fields
- 60 specialized labs, including a mountaintop observatory in Steamboat Springs, Colorado and a Solar Research Facility in Boulder City, Nevada
- $50 million in annual revenue from research grants and contracts, state support and private-sector research and development
- More than 50 DRI faculty teach courses and advise students at universities and colleges throughout the Nevada System of Higher Education
- DRI invest $1.6 million in non-state dollars for graduate student research at University of Nevada, Reno and University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Since 2000, DRI entrepreneurial faculty have leveraged $110 Million in state appropriation from the Nevada State Legislature to attract more than $510 Million in external research grants and contracts from federal, local and private sponsors. Providing the State of Nevada with a $4.6-to-$1 direct return on its investment.
- More information about DRI...