Nevada's Knowledge Fund was created in 2011 to encourage research, innovation and commercialization in Nevada. By 2015 DRI contributed to enhancing Nevada's economy through support for four unique projects.
DRI's Knowledge Fund Portfolio
Applied Innovation Center
The Applied Innovation Center at DRI enlists a unique team of scientists and engineers to provide contract research and development services supporting innovation in applied data, visualization and computational analysis, helping translate sceintific ideas and insight into practical solutions. Soloving the world's toughest data problems into real-world solutions
- Created 14 high-value, high-tech jobs
- Commercializing DRI weather intelligence
- First-of-its-kind heathcare data analytis partnership with Renown Health
WaterStart is a public-private partnership engaging a cluster of global leaders in the implementation of water innovation. Making Nevada a portal for global water innovation, WaterStart provides channels for various stakeholders and water resource managers, including technology companies, management agencies and policy makers.
- Partnered with the Nevada Governor's Office of Economic Development on three international trade missions to attract more than a dozen water technology companies to Southern Nevada
- Entering fifth round of RFP for seed funding
Unmanned Aerial System Innovation
Working with Drone America and AviSight, DRI scientists and engineers designed, developed and tested unmanned aricraft systems. Partnereing with multiple corporations in the UAS industry brings DRI's innovative solutions to the forefront of aerial applications.
- World's first unmanned cloud-seeding aircraft flight
- Increased winter precipitation and snowpack depths, reduce risk, increase cloud seeding efficiencies and alleviate ongoing drought impacts
- Provide eyes in the sky for wildland firefighting crews and fire management agencies
- Partnered with NASA's Applied Science Program to develop UAS as geospatial intelligence tools