Utilizing the skills, knowledge, and experience of the Laboratory’s scientific, technical, and engineering staff, custom research and quality assurance programs can be developed to meet a wide range of research objectives. A full-time mechanical engineer, electronics engineer, and machinist are available for the development of new analytical equipment and samplers.
- Develop and implement new sampling and analytical methods.
- Evaluate existing methods.
- Design and perform studies of atmospheric reaction products.
- Develop and implement analytical studies of motor vehicle (gasoline and diesel) volatile organic compound emission rates.
- Design and perform characterization studies from on-road vehicles.
- Conduct source apportionment of ambient volatile organic compounds and carbonaceous particles.
- Design and perform indoor air quality studies.
- Plan and implement toxic air contaminant monitoring.
- Develop source characterization for gas and particle phase organic compounds.
- Design and implement external quality auditing programs for laboratory and field measurement comparison studies of ambient volatile organic compounds.