Special DRI Nevada Medal Community Event:
“Women Shaping the Future of Science and Technology"
Tuesday, September 26, 2017
As part of the 2017 Nevada Medal events, DRI invites community members to attend a special morning edition of our Science Distilled public lecture series hosted in partnership with The Discovery. The panel is free and open to the public.
Hosted by Cassie Wilson of KRNV, this unique event will introduce community members to three distinguished women shaping the future of science and technology:
- Dr. Marcia McNutt, President of the National Academy of Sciences, Chair of the National Research Council, and 2017 DRI Nevada Medalist
- Dr. Kristen Averyt, President of the Desert Research Institute
- Missy Young, Chief Information Officer for Switch
Beginning at 9 a.m., these three luminaries will share their stories, inspirations, passions, and achievements with the audience. Attendees will also be encouraged to join in conversation with the panelists and share the experience online.
When: Tuesday, September 26, 2017
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Where: Desert Research Institute, 2215 Raggio Parkway in Reno, Nevada. (Live video feed to DRI's Las Vegas campus, SNSC Room 182)
Who: Desert Research Institute and The Discovery
* Dr. Marcia McNutt, President of the National Academy of Sciences, Chair of the National Research Council, and 2017 DRI Nevada Medalist
* Missy Young, Chief Information Officer for Switch
* Dr. Kristen Averyt, DRI President
For more information about Science Distilled, visit http://www.dri.edu/education-and-outreach/stem-stream-at-dri/science-distilled