RENO, Nev. (Dec. 2, 2016) –The Nevada System of Higher Education Board of Regents today approved the following appointments and election of officers to the DRI Foundation Board of Trustees.
The DRI Foundation proudly welcomes the following seven new Trustee appointments and three Trustee reappointments for a four-year term, beginning January 1, 2017.
- Gayle Crowell, Consultant, Warburg Pincus LLC (San Francisco), (to commence Feb. 1, 2017)
- Richard Ditton, founder and Executive Vice President of Incredible Technologies, Inc. (Vernon Hills, Illinois)
- Robert Gagosian, Ph.D., DRI Acting President, President Emeritus, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, (Reno), (to commence post tenure as DRI Acting President)
- Michael Lynch, Manager, Eco Electrical Systems, LLC (Reno)
- Lauralyn McCarthy, Gaming Industry Executive, Philanthropist, (Las Vegas)
- Tina Quigley, General Manager, RTC Southern Nevada (Las Vegas)
- Elise Zoli, Partner Goodwin Law Energy Practice (Boston, Mass.)
- Soraya Aguirre, Partner, Holland and Hart (Carson City)
- Mark Bruce, Principal Attorney, Bruce Law Group (Reno)
- Holger Liepmann, Retired Executive Vice President of Nutritional Products, Abbott Laboratories (Incline Village)
The Members of the Board of Trustees of the DRI Foundation elected the following individuals as officers of the Foundation for a two-year term beginning January 1, 2017.
- Charles T. Creigh, Jr., Chair, Principal/Broker, NewMarket Advisors (Las Vegas)
- Stephanie Tyler, Vice-Chair, President, AT&T Nevada (Reno)
- Soraya Aguirre, Treasurer • Holger Liepmann, Secretary
The DRI Foundation was formed in 1982 as a not-for-profit, 501(c)3 to financially support the mission and vision of DRI. The DRI Foundation's mission is to maximize DRI's global environmental impact by securing necessary funding, promoting DRI to multiple constituencies and expanding DRI's reach. For more information about the DRI Foundation or DRI please visit www.dri.edu
The Desert Research Institute (DRI) is a world leader in environmental sciences through the application of knowledge and technologies to improve people’s lives throughout Nevada and the world.
The DRI Foundation serves to cultivate private philanthropic giving in support of the mission and vision of the Desert Research Institute. For over 25 years DRI Foundation trustees have worked with DRI benefactors to support applied environmental research to maximize the Institute’s impact on improving people's lives throughout Nevada, the nation, and the world.