RENO - The Dandini Research Park, governed by DRI Research Parks, Ltd, a 501(c)3 corporation organized by the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) and managed by both public and private sector community leaders, has named three new trustees and welcomed a new chair to its board, effective January 1, 2016.
The Nevada System of Higher Education Board of Regents today approved the following additions to the DRI Research Parks, Ltd. Board of Trustees:
- Jeff Brigger, Economic Development Manager, NV Energy
- Stephanie Kruse, President & Chief Strategist, KPS3
- John Maher, President & Publisher, RGJ Meda & Reno Gazette-Journal
The Research Park Board also named the following new and continuing officers:
- Tina Iftiger, Chair, Vice President of Airport Economic Development, Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority
- Ellie Oppenheim, President, Senior Vice President Finance & Administration, COO for the Desert Research Institute
- Peter Ross, Secretary/Treasurer, Assistant Vice President, Campus Planning & Physical Plant for the Desert Research Institute
The NSHE Board of Regents today also acknowledged and expressed its appreciation for longtime DRI Research Parks, Ltd. Board of Trustees Chair, Greg Lambert, who will be stepping down as Chair and remain on the Board as a Trustee.
“We are very grateful for Greg’s service to both the missions of the Research Park and the Desert Research Institute,” said Ellie Oppenheim, DRI Research Parks, Ltd. Board President and Senior Vice President Finance & Administration, COO for the Desert Research Institute. “His leadership and commitment to economic development in Northern Nevada were key factors in getting the Dandini Research Park to where it is today and in guiding our plan for future success.”
With 328 total acres in a convenient location north of Interstate 80 and east of US-395 approximately six miles north of the Reno Tahoe International Airport, the Dandini Research Park is designed to foster research and development, light manufacturing, social and intellectual interaction, and facilitate collaboration between the private business sector, DRI, UNR and TMCC.
For more information about the Dandini Research Park please visit http://researchpark.dri.edu