Interlibrary loan and document delivery is a service offered to DRI Faculty, staff and graduate students. The DRI Libraries will provide copies of materials owned by DRI, UNLV and UNR Libraries.
If the materials are not owned by DRI, UNLV or UNR, the library will try and obtain copies of the materials from other libraries or purchase the materials from commercial vendors.
Practices and Guidelines
All Faculty, Staff and Graduate Students are eligible to use the interlibrary loan/document delivery services.
Limitations on Loans
The following types of materials are generally not available through interlibrary loan:
- Rare books and archival materials
- Journal volumes
Loan periods are set by the lending library. They generally range from 2-4 weeks.
The libraries that lend us materials generally require that a renewal be requested before the initial loan period is up. Accordingly, we encourage patrons to ask for a renewal before the loan period is past due.
Frequently Asked Questions about Interlibrary Loan
How long does it take to receive materials?
- Materials requested from DRI Libraries will be delivered within 48 hours
- Materials requested from UNR/UNLV Libraries will be delivered with 72 hours
- Materials requested from out of state libraries usually arrive within one to three weeks, depending on the item location
How much does it cost?
- DRI Faculty, Staff and Graduate Students are responsible for any fees charged by the lending library or commercial vendor.
- Fees average $12.00 - $15.00 per document.
- If there is a charge, the library will bill your division.
How to Submit Requests to the Library
Search the following library catalogs to determine the material availability:
- Online Catalog: UNR and DRI Reno Catalog (click on Library Catalog)
- Online Catalog: UNLV and DRI Las Vegas Catalog
To submit a request select a method listed below:
- Fax: (775) 674-7183
- Online form: Submit an Interlibrary Loan Request