The mission of the DRI Laboratory Safety Committee and the Field Safety Committee is "To promote a safe and healthy environment for DRI faculty, staff, students, contractors and visitors by coordinating the provision of programs and services to reduce safety, health and environmental risks in a manner consistent with responsible fiscal and environmental stewardship."
The purpose of the DRI EH&S Committees is to support the mission of the EH&S Office and represent faculty, staff and students. This will be accomplished by:
- Acting as advisory body to EH&S Office on specific health and safety issues that come to our attention of the EH&S Office and Committee members*
- Assisting EH&S Office by communicating health and safety issues with faculty, staff and students, and vice versa.
- Supporting EH&S activities by advising DRI executive staff.
- Assisting EH&S Office in developing programs and plans (i.e., compliance-type checklists).
*The committees will not perform oversight or regulatory functions for the EH&S Office.
* * The minutes and members of the DRI EHS Committees are internally accessible.