Publications/Presentations/In the News
Lake Tahoe Nearshore Evaluation and Monitoring Framework
This project represented a collaborative step between the science community and the resource management agencies to develop a comprehensive approach for assessing and managing the nearshore ecology and aesthetics of Lake Tahoe.
- Download the presentation given to the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency Governing Board on October 23, 2013.
- Read the press release announcing the report ...
- Download the Executive Summary
- Download the Full Report
Heyvaert, A.C., Reuter, J.E., Chandra, S., Susfalk, R.B., Schaldow, S.G. Hackley, S.H. 2013. Lake Tahoe Nearshore Evaluation and Monitoring Framework. Final Report prepared for the USDA Forest Service Pacific Southwest Research Station.
Taylor, K., R. Susfalk, M. Shanafield, and G. Schladow, 2004. Nearshore clarity of Lake Tahoe: Status and Causes of Reduction.
Current and previous research is supported by several organizations, including the following.
- Nevada Division of State Lands (NDSL) Lake Tahoe License Plate Program
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA)
- Caesars Foundation
- Lahontan Regional Water Quality Control Board (LRWQCB)
- Nevada Division of Environmental Protection (NDEP)
For information about the nearshore water clarity project please contact:
Dr. Alan Heyvaert
Director of the Center for Watersheds and Environmental Sustainability
Desert Research Institute
2215 Raggio Parkway
Reno, NV 89512
Site designed by Angela Stevens, with contributions from Justin Broglio and many others. Photos taken by Angela Stevens.